Monday, November 23, 2015

Domestic Engineer

Assalamualaikum

Hi

Everyone i used to know must be so proud of me now. I used to be known for my love of sleep and how im a nocturnal. And being an ummi makes me a morning person. I wake up super early every morning and i rarely has power naps. I do morning grocery shopping. In fact, as soon as the Aeon store near our house opens. And i cook 3 meals a day. Do laundry every day. Hahaha even i cant believe the sound of that. But its true. Its 10.49 am and im already bored. I told my husband that im bored because there is "nothing to do". Husband said, wait lah next year, you'll have a handful. God that is so true. So i have a few months of boredom before the chaos. Huhu.

Referring to previous post, i have chosen my road. It was actually my dilema of choosing between working and being a stay at home mom. By working, im not saying that lightly. I mean a job i like, a job i really look forward for years, something i know, something i'd like to learn more, something i would be proud of. Its sad, really. For the record, no, its not a teaching post. I think im meant for more than being a teacher. And i had it in my hand. I was offered a job i thought i didnt get. Remember the job interview i had months ago? They called for a second interview. Its a funny story because i thought i didnt get it when actually they were waiting for my reply. Total misunderstanding. Maybe my lack of understanding work jargons. But they're still interested in having me. But they wanted me to start immediately like a week after that. I consulted my husband. He knows how much i want the job. But both of us know the real issue is zahra. Being clingy parents i cried my heart out that night talking to him about how much im worried about leaving her too soon. We dont even have a chance to look for a proper nursery. I mean, there will always be a nursery who can accept zahra but will it be good enough. Our plan was we take at least a month of eyeing good nursery and scrutinise every details. Why so picky? There are a lot of child abuse cases by nannies. Let alone the kidnapping. And of course because of the fact that zahra is very hard to handle these days. Since she totally drinks formula milk we found her to be easily throwing tantrums and cry a lot just for some silly reasons or no reason at all. Its a phase actually and we're afraid that some people do not know how to cope with that resulting hitting her or scolding her. God forbids. And honestly, my husband worries about that more than i do.

My husband said i should take a few days to think it through. I was so cornered. That company even said the salary is raised a little since their first offer. T.T i asked my mom and my sister. Frankly i would be easier if someone decides it for me. But all of them said it is all up to me. So i guess i should ask Allah. What would a good wife and a good mother do. Of course, stay close to her family. So i go with that. As soon as i told my decision to my husband, he immediately thanked me for choosing to stay home. He knows how much i wanted it so i guess he figures that this is my sacrifice for the family. And oh boy how excited he was when i told him about that. -.- wait wait wait. I told the company about my decision. And they would still wait for me. Huhu. Idk lah in the future kan?

So im 29, married, pregnant with my second baby, with an almost toddler daughter, a stay at home mom. May Allah ease our journey and shower us with endless rizq and love. Same goes to all of you readers too. Some roads are easy. Some are hard. Some are meant for you. Some are meant for others. But if you walk your road proud and happily, even the hardest road be fun. There are obviously so many things for me to learn being a mom, thats why Allah put me here and i thank Him for that. Notice that i write roads and not destinations? Because our destination is the after life. Lets do our best building today for a great tomorrow.

Ps : im a yay close to start writing a book. Argh. I need books.

No comments: