Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day and Nameday

Assalamualaikum

Happy mother's day to all mommies and even if you're not, bet you have that mother instincts in you. *throws confetti

In conjunction with the one day of the year that everyone mention mothers even we still have to work our asses off but the thoughts are just sweet, i'd like to talk about my babies. Well, they are the ones that make me moms so why not. Plus it has been months since my last post. I dont give up but who has the times. I do have a few minutes of lying down but to come up with a lengthy post, maybe not enough time to do so.

So, im going to tell you how we name the kids. The kids' name obviously dont reflect any of us unlike others' kids that is trending now. Even their intials. First of all with zahra i named her myself. All my idea. Well you have no idea how hard it is to name a kid. That pressure! The thought of that kid is going to carry the name all through her life and to the heaven. As some know, we first thought she was a boy, so we were going to name her Mohd Haris. After things got sour and i found out zahra was a she, i looked up the internet looking for ideas. Of course happy now that i know it is a baby girl and there are these cute baby girl's names. Oh the pressure again. With pronunciations and meanings. Maybe because i had to name her myself or because it was suddenly a girl or i dont know maybe because its my first baby so i wanted to make it perfect. Also i had the liberty of naming her whatever i wanted nobody is going to say anything. Pressureee. I had the choice of naming her like me, putting Sari in her name. Or name her Sofea, my almost-name when i was baby. Or naming her Melissa, a 2004 story, Azrul and i had this when we were younger if we had a baby we were going to name her Melissa. Lol. Teenagers. Or name her with A initial. And then, it occured to me that i dont want zahra to be me. Or be in my shadow. I want her to be herself. She is a clean slate. She will have her own identity that starts from zero. She doesnt have to carry any of our names or even initials. That was when i looked for the best meaning for her. And it was Izz meaning strength. And Zahra meaning flower and sparkles something like that.

And with Muaz i thought it would be easier lah knowing that my husband can decide for both of us. I gave him the total power to name him. And yes again we thought muaz was a girl. So first we liked the name Auni. Not because the initial A because i already told Azrul about the total detachment from us thing. But i just found the name so sweet and calming. And thennnnn, we found out actually it was a boy. So yeah, chaos kejap. We practically looked for boy's names every night since we found out his gender. I liked something old school. Well honestly i forgot what! Lol. First we like Muaz. It was a battle between Muaz and Muiz. We decided on Muaz. And then we found the name Ziqri. My husband likes it so we went with that.

It was totally a coincidence that the two has that Zs in their names. Izz Zahra and Muaz Ziqri. And only months after we started calling Muaz as Muaz that we realised that why didnt we call him Ziqri. Hmm. Well, maybe her friends or girlfriends will call him that right?

Third baby? Maybe when Muaz is in kindergarten. I will let my friends catch up. I love the fat belly and endless no regrets eating but i guess i should focus on the two for now. They are both very clingy and manja. I would want to focus on loving them until they grow up a bit and then we will try another baby. InsyaAllah.

Ok then. See you when i see you. And hey, may Allah give the best to you. Lots of love and peace. :)

Ps: im in Malcolm in the Middle marathon and working out in the mornings. Who am i anymore? Lol

No comments: