Monday, February 1, 2016

Ineffable

Assalamualaikum

Hi

I wanted to sleep. I didnt have my noon nap today. Or techinically yesterday. Ever felt so tired you cant sleep? Tonight i feel that way. I dont do work much. But being pregnant, shortness of breath and those penguin walks with extra weigh, i kindda feel like i work all day all night. Not that im complaining. That is just an obvious fact really.

Anyway, im at my in laws. For many times in a row now, we spend our every weekends here. Must be because of aryan. Huhu. But mostly because husband has futsal games here. And because zahra misses arysh. As for me, i love being here because of my mil's delicious cookings. Last week i was having appetite problem. I mean, as a pregnant woman who is over with her morning sickness, i wasnt eager about eating. I got flatulence a lot. And so we spent the long weekend here. And guess what those dishes awakened my kraken & i ate like a hungry troll all day everyday here. More over, mil and fil insisted that i eat more because they said my belly is small. On tuesday, we went to the clinic and they weighed me, my beloved and very kind nurse said "wah you gained a lot, you must have big appetite now". A little shocked i just smiled and nodded. I said to myself, this must be all of my mil's cookings. Lol. But honestly, i need to watch my weight because the nurse said if i gained 2 kg and above, i will have to drink another glass of that wicked air gula. Of which i sure hope i wont have to meet ever again in my entire existence ever!

About that monthly check up, alhamdulillah everything is well. Baby is not small despite im not showing much belly. But unfortunately, we still havent had the chance to identify his/her gender just yet. Idk why im so patient about that. Maybe in a way, i want to be surprised. Husband too. He said he's ok if its a boy or a girl. Either way, we'll have 2 kids counting zahra and she will have a friend. Hehe. She's showing a lot of positive sisterly behaviours. She tries to feed her plush toys. She tries to get her toys to sleep by rocking them in her arms and putting them in her hammock. Which warms our hearts. Whenever we ask her where is adik, she'd touch or point at my belly. So kakak2 ady. We just hope she will be ready when the time comes.

I feel good about things these days. My shoulders and my heart feel a lot lighter. Alhamdulillah for i think i have conquered my mountain. Well, you know, a mountain is something you find difficult in your life, a test, a roadblock. And i think i have conquered mine. Yes, there are other mountains ahead im not stupid. But this one right here is the biggest i have been dealing with since ever. It is a very satisfying feeling. To know it is actually not that hard to be dealt with. And the fact that it is possible, in fact im standing on top of it, this is probably my best moment of 2016 so far. I hope things stay this way. Or at least never ever go the other way around. I thank Allah for the courage i had, and husband's way of handling things. Im just happy. And to my mountain, cheers to the future.

Ps: apple juice apple juice apple juice. Where is my apple juiceeee.

No comments: